Our students describe the PADI Rescue Diver course as the most challenging, yet most rewarding course they’ve ever taken. Why ? Because you learn to prevent and manage problems in the water, and become more confident in your skills as a diver, knowing that you can help others if needed.
- Portofinodivers team
During the course, you learn to become a better buddy by practicing problem solving skills until they become second nature. Plus, the course is just fun – it’s serious, but still allows for lots of laughter in between the focused learning.
To attend the PADI Rescue Diver course at our training facility you need:
- to have Emergency First Response Primary and Secondary Care(CPR and First Aid) training within the past 24 months. Contact us for more details.
- to have at least 50 logged non-training dives.
- to be a proficient swimmer
Through knowledge development and rescue exercises, you learn what to look for and how to respond. During rescue scenarios, you put into practice your knowledge and skills. Topics include:
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
The Rescue Diver course consists of 3 parts:
- Knowledge Development
You self-study with the Rescue Diver Manual and watch the Rescue Diver Video (a book and DVD package), complete knowledge reviews and final exam.
- Rescue Exercises
10 excersises dealing with different situations like unresponsive, missing or panicked divers and the use of emergency oxygen.
- Rescue Scenarios
2 scenarios that bring together what you have learnt during the rescue exercises.
The minimum course duration for the exercises and scenarios is 2 days.
The Rescue Diver course requires quite a bit of theory to learn, we suggest to start working through the manual well ahead of the in-water training sessions.
To complete the Knowledge Development you can choose the online version of the manual: eLearning
(requires an Internet connection).
Our experience shows that the digital version of the manual is preferable because it allow the student:
- to start to study at home at his own pace;
- to optimize the time with the instructor;
- to dedicate more time to in-water practice;
- freeing up valuable pleasure time during the stay.
All-inclusive rates per person
Instruction, shore and boat dives, tanks and weights
PADI Rescue Diver
Private course, one student €450*
- *PADI training materials and certification fee is not included