Your shopping cart
Discover Scuba Diving
+ 2 Boat Dives
Intro to SCUBA Diving
Training dive from shore
Boat tour to the Portofino marine park
2 supervised adventure dives
Full scuba diving equipment rental
For individuals not certified, who wish to try out scuba diving.
Our DSD + 2 Boat Dives package takes two half-day s.
Day 1 (14:30 - 17:30)
On day one we’ll go through some theory, and then get into the water from the shore to learn and practice some basic skills. This is the minimum requirement to get the maximum enjoyment from your adventure dives the day after.
Day 2 (8:00 - 13:00)
If you master the skills, the following morning, we will take you out on the dive boat, for 2 guided dives in the Portofino marine park at the maximum depth of 12 meters, under the supervision of your instructor. Depending on the requests and the sea conditions it is possible to dive the underwater statue of the Christ of the Abyss.
If you want to take advantage of this 2-days experience to become a certified scuba diver, the PADI Scuba Diver course is for you:
|Discover Scuba Diving + 2 boat dives
|Price per person
|2 to 4 participants
Applicants for a Discover Scuba Diving program must:
- Be a minimum of 12 years of age;
- be able to swim in open water;
- submit the Diver Medical Form properly completed and signed.
The purpose of the Diver Medical Form is to find out if you need to be examined by a physician before participating in scuba diving. If there is a positive answer on the questionnaire you might need to be signed off by a physician to be fit to dive.
Check-in time 2:30pm at our dive base:
via Jacopo Ruffini, 47
Santa Margherita Ligure
- DSD Participant Statement properly signed
- DSD Medical Questionnaire properly completed
- Swimsuit, towel and flip-flops
- Remedies for seasickness
(1) It's at the discretion of the Instructor to evaluate the needed skills to safely participate in the second part of this program, the 2 experience dives from the boat. If the student does not meet the minimum requirements to participate in open water dives, they still have the possibility to join the boat trip to snorkel and to enjoy the tour. No refund is issued in that case or if the student decide to do not join the boat trip.
(2) Whilst Portofino Divers makes every effort, we cannot guarantee diving at specific sites.
The dive guides and captain will have the final decision about which dive sites to visit to ensure that the guests, staff and boat's safety is not compromised in any way. In the event that the weather and sea conditions do not allow to dive safely at the Christ of the Abyss, our staff will choose a dive site more sheltered from rough sea.
(3) Securing a reservation with your payment means you accept the terms and conditions of our Cancellation Policy below:
- Cancellation received with more than 14 days notice: full refund less online payment provider fee (4,5% max).
- Cancellation received between 14 and 2 days before the scheduled check-in time: 50% refund of the amount paid or full refund (100%) in the form of a diving voucher valid for one year.
- Cancellation received less than 48 hours before the scheduled check-in time or no-show: no-refunds.
- In the unfortunate event that boat tours and scuba diving activities are cancelled due to adverse weather conditions or other unforeseeable changes caused by Portoﬁno Divers: full refund (100%) of the amount paid for the cancelled services.