This course is designed for those experienced GUE Tech 1 divers who wish to extend their range of exploration with longer bottom times without exceeding the threshold of 60 meters of depth and 45 minutes of decompression with two gasses (Nitrox50 and oxygen).
- Bruno Borelli / Istruttore GUE Tech
Applicants for a GUE Tech 60 course must:
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be a certified GUE Tech 1 diver.
- Have a minimum of 25 logged tech dives beyond Tech 1 certification
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
Prior to the commencement of class, students should consult with a GUE representative to verify equipment requirements.
GUE’s Tech 60 course is designed for divers who want to explore the intermediate realm between Tech 1 and Tech 2. It trains them in the use of a bottom stage or second decompression cylinder which grants them more flexibility during multiple dives and/or longer bottom times.
Additional course outcomes include:
- gas planning during longer dives;
- bottle management;
- emergency management strategies;
- decompression considerations during longer bottom times;
- the use of a bottom stage;
- and the applications of two decompression stages diving, with respect to decompression procedures.
Maximum depth of 200 feet/60 meters.
Dives should not be planned to incur more than 45 minutes of decompression time as established by GUE’s DecoPlanner.
The Tech 60 course is normally conducted over four full days, and requires at least seven dives and a minimum 30 hours of instruction, encompassing classroom, land drills, and in-water work.
All-inclusive course price
Instruction, dives and gas refills
GUE Tech 60
€ 1800 4 days
- course package with accommodation (3 nights) € 1890
In order to facilitate the travel conditions of the student, double tank, decompression bottles and the drysuit inflation system are available for rent free of charge for the duration of the course.