GUE's Tech 2 course allows the diver to make explorations in areas which are generally less visited; at deeper depth for instance, wrecks are better preserved and it is not uncommon to make new findings and discoveries in the explored areas. Over recent years, a new generation of Tech2 GUE divers has developed; every year expeditions and projects are organised, efficiently documenting almost unknown diving sites with unprecedented results.
- Bruno Borelli / Istruttore GUE Tech
Applicants for a GUE Tech 2 course must:
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be a certified GUE Tech 1 diver.
- Must have a minimum of 25 dives beyond Technical Diver Level 1 certification.
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
GUE base equipment configuration plus:
- double tank configuration;
- primary and back up lights;
- two decompression cylinders;
- one bottom gas cylinders;
- dedicated drysuit inflation system;
- one primary reel per team.
Prior to the commencement of class, students should consult with a GUE representative to verify equipment requirements.
GUE’s Technical Diver 2 course is designed to enhance deep diving proficiency while using helium breathing gasses and oxygen-enriched decompression gasses.
Other course outcomes include:
- the use of multiple cylinders;
- the use of hypoxic breathing mixes;
- gas management;
- oxygen management;
- extended decompression;
- accelerated, omitted and general decompression strategies;
- advanced dive planning;
The range of the course is between 50 and 75 meters deep, with a limit of one hour of decompression, anyhow the skills and techniques developed during the training are the same used for greater depths and longer decompression.
GUE's Tech 2 certification, along with a certain amount of diving experience in this range, is a prerequisite for GUE rebreather diver course.
The Tech 2 course is normally conducted over a six days, requires nine dives and a minimum 40 hours of instruction, encompassing classroom, land drills and in-water work.
All-inclusive course price
Instruction, dives and gas refills
GUE Technical Diver level 2
€ 2700 6 days
- course package with accommodation (5 nights) € 2850
In order to facilitate the travel conditions of the student, the double tank and all the cylinders required for the course are available for rent free of charge, drysuit inflation tank included.