GUE Tech1 course refines and expands the skills learned during the GUE Fundamentals to integrate them with the knowledge and essential skills to safely carry out technical dives.
- Bruno Borelli / Istruttore GUE Tech
Applicants for a GUE Tech 1 course must:
- Be physically and mentally fit.
- Be a nonsmoker.
- Obtain a physician’s prior written authorization for the use of prescription drugs, except for birth control, or for any prior medical condition that may pose a risk while diving.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives.
- Have passed the GUE Fundamentals at the “Technical” level.
- Submit a completed registration form, a medical history, and a liability release to GUE Headquarters.
Prior to the commencement of class, students should consult with a GUE representative to verify equipment requirements.
GUE’s Technical Diver Level 1 course is designed to prepare divers for the rigors of technical diving and to familiarize them with the use of different breathing and decompression mixtures.
Additional course outcomes include:
- cultivating, integrating, and expanding the essential skills required for safe technical diving;
- problem identification and resolution;
- the use of double tanks and the potential failure problems associated with them;
- the use of Nitrox for accelerated and general decompression strategies;
- the use of Helium to minimize narcosis;
- and the applications of single decompression stage diving, with respect to decompression procedures.
Maximum depth of 170 feet/51 meters.
Dives should not be planned to incur more than 30 minutes of decompression time as established by GUE’s DecoPlanner.
The Tech 1 course is normally conducted over a six days, requires nine dives and a minimum 40 hours of instruction, encompassing classroom, land drills and in-water work.
All-inclusive course price
Instruction, dives and gas refills
GUE Technical Diver level 1
€ 2500 6 days
- course package with accommodation (5 nights) € 2650
In order to facilitate the travel conditions of the student, the double tank, the decompression tank and the drysuit inflation tank are available for rent free of charge for the duration of the course.